Beni Culturali Provincia
The original 13th century church has suffered destructions, lootings and reconstructions over the centuries.
Reopened in 2014, it is the first Sanctuary in Italy dedicated to the Arm of Carabineers. Built in a panoramic position, it has an interior with three naves, a tripartite facade with two superimposed orders typical of late Baroque architecture and a bell tower, part of the original Romanesque church.
Built around 1320 on the ruins of the ancient castle, the Tower is the symbol of Viarigi. Used as an observation, defense and communication building, it has undergone several changes of ownership and restoration interventions over the centuries and was declared a monumental building in 1908.
The Tower, a panoramic viewpoint on the splendid Unesco hills, is what remains of the Castle of Agliano Terme, destroyed in the first half of the XXVII century during the war of the Montferrat succession between the Duke of Savoy and the Spaniards.
The museum displays tools and common objects related to the peasant culture of the area
The complex rises in the greenery of a splendid valley, in one of the most evocative and unspoiled corners of Monferrato, among vineyards, meadows and woodland areas. In Vezzolano story and legend interweave and the hypotheses of its being are many and mysterious. Without doubt, the most fascinating legend that contributes to the growth of a halo of mystery around this Romanesque jewel is the one attributable to the birth of the imperial will of Carlo Magno. The original structure of the church appears to go back to the end of the 12th century, but there are features which appear to belong to the 13th century. The basilican plan of the church is oriented towards the east, with a nave and only one aisle and two semicircular apses: the third aisle (right hand side) is in part encompassed in the quadrangular cloister positioned on the south side of the church. The religious importance of the Madonna to Vezzolano is witnessed by the iconography of the Virgin that we find in the complex. The most amazing element of the interior is the rood screen or jubè (Gallicism from the plea “jube Domine benedicere spoken by the preacher for the faithful) that traverses the church at the height of the first span, and is without doubt the most important preserved work in Vezzolano: a very rare architectural structure, it is one of the few still existing in Italy. From the church, through a small door, one enters the cloister, a small area of absolute silence preserved over the centuries, symbol of the ancient peace of the Christian monasteries.
Davide Laiolo’s art collection consists of 100 works (paintings, sculptures, graphic works) by contemporary Italian artists (Renato Guttuso, Aligi Sassu, Antonio Ligabue, Carlo Carrà)located in thre halls in Palazzo Crova. The history building also houses Museo del Gusto, a journey to discover the taste, the history of food and wine, the personalities and the quality products of the territory, through multimedia suggestions.
The Museum displays testimonies of the wine making process and of life in the ancient Piedmont farmhouses (among the exhibited objects there are wine presses from the 17th and 18th century), as well as an important collection of prints and rare labels from the 17th century to the present day.
The collection, donated by Franco Montanari, is located in the Town Hall and includes paintings and sculptures by contemporary Italian and foreign artists such as Renato Guttuso, Giorgio Morandi, Osvaldo Licini, Modigliani and Marc Chagall.
Visits: guided for individuals (min 1, max 15 people) and groups (min 10, max 30 people) in Italian, English and French. A two-day notice is required for groups.
Custom visit for children, educational kit for families and children, indoor area with games, educational activities related to temporary exhibitions.
Educational activities, guided tours and workshops for school classes.
-€ 5 full price ticket, € 3 reduced price ticket, € 3 per person for groups
-€ 5 guided visit in Italian, € 5 guided visit in English
Reduced tickets from 11 years of age and University students
Free tickets for children up to 10 years of age
Tickets are available online too
Accessible to disabled people
Pets are accepted, pet custody is possible
Availability of: car and bus park, bookshop
The museum, located in the beautiful building of the former district prisons, is a venue for exhibitions that are held throughout the year and preserves works donated by famous artists such as Enrico Paulucci, Simone Benetton and Bruno Martinazzi.
It preserves sacred and precious objects such as liturgical vestments and wooden statues from the parishes of Costigliole d' Asti, belonging to the Confraternite di San Gerolamo e della Misericordia (Congregations of St. Jerome and Mercy)
The museum exhibits material collected by the Salesian Missionaries during their travels to Patagonia, Central America, Middle and Far East.
Visits: guided or free for individuals, guided for groups, guided or free for families/children, guided for schools, in italian or english. Reservation is recomended for groups.
Accessible to disabled people with custom tour routes.
Pets are accepted.
Availability of: car and bus park, bookshop, cafè, green area, indoor and outdoor picnic area for schools.
The park and the tower house a museum dedicated to the extraordinary figure of the Earl of St. Robert. The visitor has the opportunity to discover the life and the significance of the Count’s works through his groundbreaking studies (ballistics, artillery, mechanics, hypsometry, thermodynamics) and his interests (botany and entomology).
The Museum tells not only the history of a town and a territory but it is a real journey in more than 150 years of winemaking vocation. Designed by Eugenio Guglielminetti it can be updated and changed over time and is equipped with modern multimedia, including six screens projecting films in multiple languages.
Sug@R(T)_house offers many tours on two floors and set itself up to visitors, collectors of sugar bags, school groups and meddlers as a living, evolving space, open to collaborations with other museums and capable of enhancing and producing culture.
In the medieval castle of Cisterna d’Asti the Ethnographic Museum collects more than 6000 objects dating back to 1600-1900 and the rooms, the ancient artisan workshops, farmer houses and studios of traditional crafts and trades, some of which are now completely disappeared, are brought to a new life.